There’s nothing like expanding your meal plan with a new recipe! Chisholm Park Apartments in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma is proud to introduce you to new meal ideas that will keep your family and friends coming back for more.
With this next recipe, it is guaranteed that your family members and friends will return to the kitchen for seconds. Why? Well, when you pair together perfectly cooked chicken with Black Forest ham, melted mozzarella, and plenty of crisp arugula, then you have yourself a recipe for success. Pun intended. Yes, we are talking about none other than a new Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich recipe that everyone will love! A crowd pleaser that’s easy to put together, this dish is a natural choice for busy weeknights or lazy weekends.
- 4 chicken cutlets, 1/4-inch thick for 3/4 to 1 pound total
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices Black Forest ham
- 8 slices smoked mozzarella
- 1 baguette
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch arugula
- Preheat the broiler in your oven.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and evenly space the chicken cutlets in the center. Brush the chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil, rotating the baking sheet as needed so the chicken cooks evenly, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the chicken and continue to broil until cooked through, 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top each piece of chicken with 1 slice ham and 2 slices mozzarella. Broil until the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Meanwhile, cut the baguette crosswise into 4 equal pieces, then split open. Spread the bottom halves with butter and the top halves with mustard.
- Toss the arugula with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Sandwich the chicken and watercress between the baguette halves.