Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Chisholm Park Apartments in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Whether you’ve had the time to fully utilize your fully equipped kitchen or not, this recipe for Stuffed Mushrooms with Spinach and Bacon is exciting to anyone with a passion for good fungi. Better yet, mushrooms are a versatile addition to any meal. Whether they’re sitting atop a perfectly cooked steak, filling your quesadilla, or folded into a delicious pasta, it’s hard not to love them. Though an excellent party food, this dish makes for a wonderful appetizer or snack at home. Check out everything you need to get started below!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 12 large mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Place frozen spinach in a medium saucepan with 1/4 cup water. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook spinach covered 10 minutes. Uncover and stir. Remove from heat and drain.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Arrange caps in the baking dish. Finely chop stems.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and mix in onion and garlic. Cook 5 minutes, or until tender, then mix in bacon, spinach, chopped mushroom stems and heavy cream. Bring cream to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff mushroom caps generously with the mixture. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes until lightly browned.